Veritas InfoScale 7.3.1 Installation and Upgrade Guide - Windows
- Preinstallation and planning
- Installing the Veritas InfoScale products
- Upgrading to InfoScale products
- Preparing the systems for an upgrade
- Performing the product upgrade
- Upgrading SFW or SFW Basic in a non-clustered environment
- Upgrading SFW or SFW Basic in a Windows Server Failover Cluster environment
- Upgrading SFW HA
- Performing the post upgrade tasks
- Administering the InfoScale product installation
- Uninstalling the InfoScale products
- Performing application upgrades in an InfoScale environment
- Upgrading Microsoft SQL Server
- Upgrading Oracle
- Configuring the Oracle database and listener to use the virtual IP address
- Upgrading application service packs in an InfoScale environment
- Appendix A. Services and ports
- Appendix B. Migrating from a third-party multi-pathing solution to DMP
About InfoScale licenses
A product-specific license is available for individual InfoScale product. You can procure the license from Veritas license certificate and portal.
During installation, the product installer provides the following options to specify the license details.
User Entered Key
You can use the keyless license for 60 days. If you install the product using the keyless option, a message is logged every day in the Event Viewer indicating that you must perform any one of the following tasks, within 60 days of product installation. Failing this, a non-compliance error is logged every four hours.
Add the system as a managed host to a Veritas InfoScale Operations Manager Management Server.
For more details, refer to the Veritas InfoScale Operations Manager documentation.
Add an appropriate and valid license key on this system using the product installer from Windows Add or Remove Programs.
In case of an User Entered Key license, you must enter the license key that is procured from the Veritas license certificate and portal.
The product installer enables you to switch from a Keyless license to a User Entered Key license and vice-a-versa.
For more details about product co-existence and licensing, see: