Veritas InfoScale 7.3.1 Installation and Upgrade Guide - Windows
- Preinstallation and planning
- Installing the Veritas InfoScale products
- Upgrading to InfoScale products
- Preparing the systems for an upgrade
- Performing the product upgrade
- Upgrading SFW or SFW Basic in a non-clustered environment
- Upgrading SFW or SFW Basic in a Windows Server Failover Cluster environment
- Upgrading SFW HA
- Performing the post upgrade tasks
- Administering the InfoScale product installation
- Uninstalling the InfoScale products
- Performing application upgrades in an InfoScale environment
- Upgrading Microsoft SQL Server
- Upgrading Oracle
- Configuring the Oracle database and listener to use the virtual IP address
- Upgrading application service packs in an InfoScale environment
- Appendix A. Services and ports
- Appendix B. Migrating from a third-party multi-pathing solution to DMP
Reconfiguring the Veritas InfoScale Messaging Service
After you upgrade InfoScale Storage or InfoScale Enterprise, the Veritas InfoScale Messaging Service gets configured under a 'Local System account.'
You must re-configure the service under a domain user account having administrator privileges on all the cluster systems.
To reconfigure the user account for Veritas InfoScale Messaging Service
- From Windows Computer Management or Windows Administrative Tools, access Services, and select Veritas InfoScale Messaging Service.
- Right-click Veritas InfoScale Messaging Service and select Properties from the context menu.
- On the Log On tab, select This Account and enter the domain user ID and password.
The user account must have administrator privileges on all the cluster systems.
- Confirm the password and click Apply, and then click OK.
- In the Windows Services user interface, restart the Veritas InfoScale Messaging Service, for the changes to take effect.