Veritas InfoScale 7.3.1 Installation and Upgrade Guide - Windows
- Preinstallation and planning
- Installing the Veritas InfoScale products
- Upgrading to InfoScale products
- Preparing the systems for an upgrade
- Performing the product upgrade
- Upgrading SFW or SFW Basic in a non-clustered environment
- Upgrading SFW or SFW Basic in a Windows Server Failover Cluster environment
- Upgrading SFW HA
- Performing the post upgrade tasks
- Administering the InfoScale product installation
- Uninstalling the InfoScale products
- Performing application upgrades in an InfoScale environment
- Upgrading Microsoft SQL Server
- Upgrading Oracle
- Configuring the Oracle database and listener to use the virtual IP address
- Upgrading application service packs in an InfoScale environment
- Appendix A. Services and ports
- Appendix B. Migrating from a third-party multi-pathing solution to DMP
Preparing the primary site for upgrade in a non-clustered SFW environment
Perform the following procedure to prepare the systems on the primary site for upgrading SFW in a Volume Replicator environment.
Before you prepare the nodes on the primary site, ensure that you have upgraded SFW and performed the post-upgrade tasks on the secondary site.
To upgrade the cluster in a Volume Replicator environment, you must first stop the replicated volume group (RVG) to detach the replication links and disassociate the replication logs between the primary and secondary site.
To prepare the primary site
- On the primary site, stop the application that uses Volume Replicator to replicate data between the sites.
- From the command line, type:
vxprint -lVP [-g diskgroup_name]
This command lists the RLINK and RVG records.
- Verify that the data on the Replicator Log is written to the secondary site by running the following command on the primary site:
vxrlink [-g diskgroup_name] status rlink_to_secondary
This command displays the replication status of the secondary site represented by the specified RLINK.
Verify that the data volumes on the secondary site are consistent and up-to-date with the primary site before proceeding to the next step.
- Migrate the primary RVG by performing one of the following procedures:
From the Veritas Enterprise Administrator (VEA) console, right-click the primary RVG and select the Migrate option. Select the required secondary host from the Secondary Name option list.
Click OK to migrate the primary role to the secondary. The primary and secondary roles will be interchanged.
From the command line, type:
vxrds [-g diskgroup_name] migrate local_rvg new_primary_hostname
Where the secondary host is specified by the new_primary_hostname parameter.
- Perform any necessary steps to start the applications on the new primary (old secondary).
- If the existing replication settings are configured to use TCP, change the settings to use UDP. After both the primary and DR sites are upgraded, you can switch the replication settings back to TCP.
You can now proceed to upgrade the nodes.