Veritas InfoScale 7.3.1 Installation and Upgrade Guide - Windows
- Preinstallation and planning
- Installing the Veritas InfoScale products
- Upgrading to InfoScale products
- Preparing the systems for an upgrade
- Performing the product upgrade
- Upgrading SFW or SFW Basic in a non-clustered environment
- Upgrading SFW or SFW Basic in a Windows Server Failover Cluster environment
- Upgrading SFW HA
- Performing the post upgrade tasks
- Administering the InfoScale product installation
- Uninstalling the InfoScale products
- Performing application upgrades in an InfoScale environment
- Upgrading Microsoft SQL Server
- Upgrading Oracle
- Configuring the Oracle database and listener to use the virtual IP address
- Upgrading application service packs in an InfoScale environment
- Appendix A. Services and ports
- Appendix B. Migrating from a third-party multi-pathing solution to DMP
About installing the InfoScale products
The InfoScale products have server and client components. When you install the server components, the following options are installed by default:
Includes the Veritas Enterprise Administrator (VEA) console and the Solutions Configuration Center (SCC).
Note that the Cluster Manager (Java Console) is no longer packaged and installed with the product. You can download the Java Console at: https://www.veritas.com/content/trial/en/us/vcs-utilities.html
Application and database agents
These agents are used in a VCS cluster environment.
Veritas InfoScale Operations Manager (Host Component)
You can choose to install the client components separately.
You can install the server components using either the product installation wizard or the command line interface (CLI). The product installation wizard lets you install the product on multiple systems at a time. Using the CLI, you can install the product on a single system at a time.
The following figure depicts the high-level tasks that are involved in installing the server components, using the installation wizard:
For more information about installing the server components using the product installation wizard:
To install the server components using the CLI:
To install the client components: