Veritas InfoScale 7.3.1 Installation and Upgrade Guide - Windows
- Preinstallation and planning
- Installing the Veritas InfoScale products
- Upgrading to InfoScale products
- Preparing the systems for an upgrade
- Performing the product upgrade
- Upgrading SFW or SFW Basic in a non-clustered environment
- Upgrading SFW or SFW Basic in a Windows Server Failover Cluster environment
- Upgrading SFW HA
- Performing the post upgrade tasks
- Administering the InfoScale product installation
- Uninstalling the InfoScale products
- Performing application upgrades in an InfoScale environment
- Upgrading Microsoft SQL Server
- Upgrading Oracle
- Configuring the Oracle database and listener to use the virtual IP address
- Upgrading application service packs in an InfoScale environment
- Appendix A. Services and ports
- Appendix B. Migrating from a third-party multi-pathing solution to DMP
Configuring DMP for Active/Active load balancing in a cluster
SCSI-3 is required for configuring Active/Active (A/A) load balancing in a clustered environment. SCSI-3 is enabled by default when DMP is installed in a clustered environment.
If the disk resources have already been created before setting SCSI-3 support at array level, then they are reserved using SCSI-2 and A/A load balancing policies will not work on those disks.
To use A/A load balancing, enable SCSI-3 reservation for all disk under an array using the vxdmpadm setarray command. This ensures that the disks under the selected array will be reserved using SCSI-3 even if the cluster application issues SCSI-2 reservation for these disks.
Syntax for vxdmpadm setarray command:
vxdmpadm setarrayscsi3 scsi3support=1 Harddisk name.
Refer to the Dynamic Multi-Pathing Administrator's Guide for details.