Veritas InfoScale 7.3.1 Installation and Upgrade Guide - Windows
- Preinstallation and planning
- Installing the Veritas InfoScale products
- Upgrading to InfoScale products
- Preparing the systems for an upgrade
- Performing the product upgrade
- Upgrading SFW or SFW Basic in a non-clustered environment
- Upgrading SFW or SFW Basic in a Windows Server Failover Cluster environment
- Upgrading SFW HA
- Performing the post upgrade tasks
- Administering the InfoScale product installation
- Uninstalling the InfoScale products
- Performing application upgrades in an InfoScale environment
- Upgrading Microsoft SQL Server
- Upgrading Oracle
- Configuring the Oracle database and listener to use the virtual IP address
- Upgrading application service packs in an InfoScale environment
- Appendix A. Services and ports
- Appendix B. Migrating from a third-party multi-pathing solution to DMP
Recommendations and best practices
Do not install Veritas InfoScale Availability and Veritas InfoScale Enterprise on servers that are assigned the role of a Domain Controller. Configuring a cluster on a domain controller is not supported.
In case of IPv6, the following IP address formats are not supported:
In case of IPv6, the Mixed mode configuration with "stateful" and "stateless" configurations are not allowed.
Do not change the cable connection order after installing SFW.
For example, if host bus adapter A is connected to port A on the array and host bus adapter B is connected to port B on the array, do not swap the connections between ports on the array (A to B and B to A) after installing the product.