Veritas InfoScale 7.3.1 Installation and Upgrade Guide - Windows
- Preinstallation and planning
- Installing the Veritas InfoScale products
- Upgrading to InfoScale products
- Preparing the systems for an upgrade
- Performing the product upgrade
- Upgrading SFW or SFW Basic in a non-clustered environment
- Upgrading SFW or SFW Basic in a Windows Server Failover Cluster environment
- Upgrading SFW HA
- Performing the post upgrade tasks
- Administering the InfoScale product installation
- Uninstalling the InfoScale products
- Performing application upgrades in an InfoScale environment
- Upgrading Microsoft SQL Server
- Upgrading Oracle
- Configuring the Oracle database and listener to use the virtual IP address
- Upgrading application service packs in an InfoScale environment
- Appendix A. Services and ports
- Appendix B. Migrating from a third-party multi-pathing solution to DMP
Re-enabling Volume Replicator in a Microsoft failover cluster environment
In a Microsoft clustered environment, after you have completed upgrading SFW on all the cluster nodes, re-enable Volume Replicator on the active cluster node.
A full synchronization is required if the procedures listed below are not performed in the given order.
To enable the updated objects on the secondary (DR) site
- Bring online the Disk Group, IP, and Network Name resource in the Windows Server Failover Cluster resource group.
- Bring online the RVG resource by performing one of the following procedures:
From the Cluster Administrator console, right-click the RVG resource and select the Online option on the secondary.
From the command line, type:
[cluster resourcename] /online [:node name] [/wait[:timeoutin seconds]]
Refer to the appropriate Microsoft documentation for details on how to offline and online resources through the command line interface.
For Volume Replicator environments with multiple secondary sites, any operations that need to be performed on a secondary site should be repeated on all secondary sites.