Veritas InfoScale 7.3.1 Installation and Upgrade Guide - Windows
- Preinstallation and planning
- Installing the Veritas InfoScale products
- Upgrading to InfoScale products
- Preparing the systems for an upgrade
- Performing the product upgrade
- Upgrading SFW or SFW Basic in a non-clustered environment
- Upgrading SFW or SFW Basic in a Windows Server Failover Cluster environment
- Upgrading SFW HA
- Performing the post upgrade tasks
- Administering the InfoScale product installation
- Uninstalling the InfoScale products
- Performing application upgrades in an InfoScale environment
- Upgrading Microsoft SQL Server
- Upgrading Oracle
- Configuring the Oracle database and listener to use the virtual IP address
- Upgrading application service packs in an InfoScale environment
- Appendix A. Services and ports
- Appendix B. Migrating from a third-party multi-pathing solution to DMP
Installing the server components using the command-line installer
The command-line installer for the InfoScale products (
Setup.exe) lets you perform a silent installation. You can perform a silent installation only on one system at a time.
Before you begin to install the product, ensure that you review the following topics and take the necessary actions:
Run all the commands in the command window in themode.
To perform a silent installation of the server components
- Open a command window and navigate to the folder where
- Use the following command syntax to install the product:
Setup.exe /s SOLUTIONS="1" INSTALL_MODE=InstallMode Telemetry=Telemetry [INSTALLDIR="InstallDirPath"] [REBOOT=RebootMode] [NODE="SysA"] [LICENSEKEY="LicenseKey"] [OPTIONS="a,b,c,..."] NoOptionDiscovery= NoOptionDiscovery
The maximum length of the argument string is 2048 characters, and the syntax is not case sensitive.
After the installation is complete, check the SORT website for the applicable patches, agents, or the array-specific modules, if any, to be installed:
If you plan to install InfoScale Storage in an active Microsoft failover cluster, ensure that the applicable prerequisites are met.
Then, use the rolling-installation method as follows:
Install InfoScale Storage on each inactive cluster node.
Move the cluster resources from the active node to any other inactive node.
Install InfoScale Storage on the now inactive node.
After you install InfoScale Storage in a Microsoft failover cluster environment, perform the following tasks:
If the Failover Clustering featue is installed on the system but the cluster is not yet created, register the InfoScale Storage resources after the cluster is created.
If the Microsoft failover cluster is already active, remove the physical disk resources for all the basic disks before configuring the SFW cluster disk groups. Otherwise, a disk reservation conflict occurs.