Veritas InfoScale 7.3.1 Installation and Upgrade Guide - Windows
- Preinstallation and planning
- Installing the Veritas InfoScale products
- Upgrading to InfoScale products
- Preparing the systems for an upgrade
- Performing the product upgrade
- Upgrading SFW or SFW Basic in a non-clustered environment
- Upgrading SFW or SFW Basic in a Windows Server Failover Cluster environment
- Upgrading SFW HA
- Performing the post upgrade tasks
- Administering the InfoScale product installation
- Uninstalling the InfoScale products
- Performing application upgrades in an InfoScale environment
- Upgrading Microsoft SQL Server
- Upgrading Oracle
- Configuring the Oracle database and listener to use the virtual IP address
- Upgrading application service packs in an InfoScale environment
- Appendix A. Services and ports
- Appendix B. Migrating from a third-party multi-pathing solution to DMP
Migrating from EMC PowerPath
Migrating from EMC PowerPath involves removing the devices from EMC PowerPath (PP) control and enabling InfoScale Foundation or InfoScale Storage or InfoScale Enterpriseon the devices.
The migration process requires you to:
Stop the applications
Stop VCS services, if using VCS
As a result, the migration process involves some downtime for the applications running on the systems.
To uninstall EMC PowerPath and install InfoScale Foundation or InfoScale Storage, perform the following:
- Disable/disconnect all but one path from the system to the storage.
- Remove the EMC PowerPath (PP).
Refer to the EMC instructions for removing PowerPath.
- Reboot the system after the PowerPath has been removed.
- Install InfoScale Foundation or InfoScale Storage.
During installation, select MPIO device-specific modules (DSMs) for the attached storage (for example, EMC CLARiiON and Hitachi AMS).
- Reboot the system.