Veritas InfoScale 7.3.1 Installation and Upgrade Guide - Windows
- Preinstallation and planning
- Installing the Veritas InfoScale products
- Upgrading to InfoScale products
- Preparing the systems for an upgrade
- Performing the product upgrade
- Upgrading SFW or SFW Basic in a non-clustered environment
- Upgrading SFW or SFW Basic in a Windows Server Failover Cluster environment
- Upgrading SFW HA
- Performing the post upgrade tasks
- Administering the InfoScale product installation
- Uninstalling the InfoScale products
- Performing application upgrades in an InfoScale environment
- Upgrading Microsoft SQL Server
- Upgrading Oracle
- Configuring the Oracle database and listener to use the virtual IP address
- Upgrading application service packs in an InfoScale environment
- Appendix A. Services and ports
- Appendix B. Migrating from a third-party multi-pathing solution to DMP
Adding or removing product options
After you have installed the InfoScale products, you may want to add or remove the product options. The product installer wizard lets you to add or remove the installed options and manage the product licenses.
This section provides details about adding or removing the product options. For details about managing product licenses, refer to:
Note the following points before you begin to add or remove the product options:
You cannot add or remove the product options on a system that runs Server Core operating system. To add or remove the product options on these systems you must uninstall the product and then install it again.
You can add or remove the product options only on the local system.
You can add or remove the product options only if you have installed the server components.
If you are adding the DSMs to a deployment setup that involves Windows Server Failover Cluster or a VCS cluster, ensure that you move the resources to another node or take the resource offline. Then, install the required hardware drivers and perform the following steps:
To add or remove features
- Open the Windows Control Panel and click Programs and Features.
- Select the InfoScale product entry and click Change.
- On the Mode Selection panel, select Add or Remove and then click Next.
- On the System Selection panel, the wizard performs the verification checks and displays the available product options. To add or remove the options, select or clear the corresponding check boxes and then click Next.
Note that the wizard proceeds only if the system passes the validation checks. In case the verification checks have failed, review the details and rectify the issue. Before you choose to proceed with the installation, click Re-verify to re-initiate the verification checks.
- On the Pre-install Summary panel, review the summary and click Next.
Note that the Automatically reboot systems after installer completes operation check box is selected by default. This will reboot all the selected remote systems immediately after the installation is complete on the respective system. If you do not want the wizard to initiate this auto reboot, clear the selection of Automatically reboot systems after installer completes operation check box.
- On the Installation panel, review the progress of installation and click Next after the installation is complete.
If an installation is not successful, the status screen shows a failed installation. Refer to the Post-install summary for more details. Rectify the issue and then proceed to re-install the component.
- On the Post-install Summary panel, review the installation result and click Next.
If the installation has failed, refer to the log file for details.
- On the Finish panel, click Finish.
If you had chosen to initiate the auto reboot, a confirmation message to reboot the local system appears. Click Yes to reboot immediately or No to reboot later.
In case you had not selected to initiate the auto reboot, ensure that you manually reboot these systems.
For adding the DSMs, if you had disconnected all but one path, you must reconnect the additional physical path now.
You can now proceed to configure the service groups for the newly added options.
For details, refer to Cluster Server Administrator's Guide.