Veritas InfoScale 7.3.1 Installation and Upgrade Guide - Windows
- Preinstallation and planning
- Installing the Veritas InfoScale products
- Upgrading to InfoScale products
- Preparing the systems for an upgrade
- Performing the product upgrade
- Upgrading SFW or SFW Basic in a non-clustered environment
- Upgrading SFW or SFW Basic in a Windows Server Failover Cluster environment
- Upgrading SFW HA
- Performing the post upgrade tasks
- Administering the InfoScale product installation
- Uninstalling the InfoScale products
- Performing application upgrades in an InfoScale environment
- Upgrading Microsoft SQL Server
- Upgrading Oracle
- Configuring the Oracle database and listener to use the virtual IP address
- Upgrading application service packs in an InfoScale environment
- Appendix A. Services and ports
- Appendix B. Migrating from a third-party multi-pathing solution to DMP
Setting the dispatchers parameter in PFILE
In the PFILE, set the host name for all TCP protocol address dispatchers to the virtual IP address that you created.
Edit the dispatchers parameter only for the host name and leave the rest of the configuration as it is. Set the value as:
dispatchers = '(ADDRESS = (Protocol=TCP) (HOST=virtual_IP_address) (any other previously existing entry))'
The variable virtual_IP_address represents the virtual IP address that you created.
dispatchers = '(ADDRESS = (Protocol=TCP)(HOST=10.210.100.110) (SERVICE=Data1XDB)'