Veritas InfoScale 7.3.1 Installation and Upgrade Guide - Windows
- Preinstallation and planning
- Installing the Veritas InfoScale products
- Upgrading to InfoScale products
- Preparing the systems for an upgrade
- Performing the product upgrade
- Upgrading SFW or SFW Basic in a non-clustered environment
- Upgrading SFW or SFW Basic in a Windows Server Failover Cluster environment
- Upgrading SFW HA
- Performing the post upgrade tasks
- Administering the InfoScale product installation
- Uninstalling the InfoScale products
- Performing application upgrades in an InfoScale environment
- Upgrading Microsoft SQL Server
- Upgrading Oracle
- Configuring the Oracle database and listener to use the virtual IP address
- Upgrading application service packs in an InfoScale environment
- Appendix A. Services and ports
- Appendix B. Migrating from a third-party multi-pathing solution to DMP
Recommendations and considerations for product upgrade
Note the following points before you begin with the upgrade:
During the product upgrade if you also plan to upgrade the operating system, you must first upgrade the operating system and then upgrade the product.
If you have not procured a permanent license while trying to upgrade, select the keyless license option to continue. You can use the keyless license for 60 days. Thereafter, you will be prompted to procure a permanent license to continue using the product.
During the upgrade, verify the selected installation and product options. All the installed options are selected by default.
If you do not want to include any of the installed options in the upgraded environment, you must uninstall those options before you proceed with the upgrade. Use the Windows Add or Remove Programs feature to uninstall the option.
If you want to add any additional options, you must select the same.
When you upgrade to InfoScale Foundation, InfoScale Storage, or InfoScale Enterprise the product installation wizard replaces the Disk Management Snap-in in the Windows Computer Management console and the Server Manager console with the Veritas Enterprise Administrator (VEA) GUI. To change this default, access the VEA GUI after the upgrade completes and proceed to restore the Disk Management Snap-in.
For information about using the VEA GUI, see Storage Foundation Administrator's Guide.
If you upgrade SFW to InfoScale Storage or InfoScale Enterprise in a Volume Replicator environment, you must first perform the upgrade at the secondary site. After you have completed the upgrade and the post upgrade tasks at the secondary site, you must fail over the applications from the primary site to the secondary site and then proceed to upgrade the nodes at the primary site. Once the nodes at the primary site are upgraded, you must migrate the applications back.
Since Volume Replicator 5.0.x and Volume Replicator 5.1 versions are interoperable, an upgrade can be performed on the secondary site while applications are kept running on the primary site.
If you upgrade InfoScale Foundation, InfoScale Storage, or InfoScale Enterprise and your configuration has DMP configured, then it is recommended to reduce the number of paths to each array to one, before you begin the upgrade.
If you do not have DMP DSMs in your existing environment, but plan to add this feature during the upgrade, add the HBA(host bus adapter) hardware before performing the upgrade. Connect no more than one path from the new HBA to the storage array before the upgrade and DMP DSMs installation. Select the DMP DSM option or the appropriate DMP DSMs while running the installer.
Veritas InfoScale products do not provide Dynamic Multi-Pathing support for PROMISE arrays. If currently installed, Dynamic Multi-Pathing support for PROMISE will be removed after the upgrade is complete.