Veritas InfoScale 7.3.1 Installation and Upgrade Guide - Windows
- Preinstallation and planning
- Installing the Veritas InfoScale products
- Upgrading to InfoScale products
- Preparing the systems for an upgrade
- Performing the product upgrade
- Upgrading SFW or SFW Basic in a non-clustered environment
- Upgrading SFW or SFW Basic in a Windows Server Failover Cluster environment
- Upgrading SFW HA
- Performing the post upgrade tasks
- Administering the InfoScale product installation
- Uninstalling the InfoScale products
- Performing application upgrades in an InfoScale environment
- Upgrading Microsoft SQL Server
- Upgrading Oracle
- Configuring the Oracle database and listener to use the virtual IP address
- Upgrading application service packs in an InfoScale environment
- Appendix A. Services and ports
- Appendix B. Migrating from a third-party multi-pathing solution to DMP
Upgrading SQL Server on the first cluster node
This procedure assumes that a single SQL Server instance is configured in a multi-node cluster.
To upgrade SQL Server on the first cluster node
- On the node where the application service group is online, take only the SQL Server resources offline and delete them. Leave the storage resources online.
- If the resources are already offline, bring the storage resources online.
- Take a backup of the existing SQL Server databases from the shared disk and store them in a temporary location.
The backed-up directories are needed later, while you upgrade SQL Server on the additional failover nodes.
- Launch the SQL Server installer for the appropriate version to install the application on the node. Select the option to upgrade the existing SQL Server instances when prompted to do so. The installer then automatically places the SQL Server data files in the appropriate location.
Refer to the Microsoft SQL Server documentation for instructions.
- Take the entire service group offline on the node.
The upgrade steps on the first cluster node are now complete. Proceed to upgrading SQL Server on the additional failover nodes.