Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Web Client Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery and Instant Recovery Wizards
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery operations
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Web Client plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
Reducing the load time for the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client
If the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client takes a long time to load, many backups may have occurred in your environment. By default, the plug-in retrieves backup events for the last 365 days.
To reduce the load time for the NetBackup vSphere Web Client plug-in
- In the top level of the vSphere Web Client object navigator, click Veritas NetBackup.
- Click Settings.
- In the Settings dialog, enter a smaller value for Maximum Retention Period for Backup Events.
For example, enter 7.
This change limits the number of backup events that the plug-in retrieves. As a result, it reduces the plug-in's initial load time.
By default, the plug-in retrieves backup events for the last 365 days.