Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Web Client Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery and Instant Recovery Wizards
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery operations
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Web Client plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
About excluding virtual disks from the backup
NetBackup provides several methods to exclude virtual machine disks from backups. One method lets you exclude the virtual disks that are defined in a virtual machine's Custom Attribute. NetBackup then excludes those disks if you specify the Custom Attribute name in the backup policy.
Veritas provides a Virtual Disk Exclusion Wizard in the NetBackup plug-in for VMware vSphere Web Client. You can use the wizard to configure and apply a Custom Attribute to a virtual machine or multiple virtual machines.
To use the plug-in to configure a Custom Attribute to exclude disks from backups, the vCenter Global credentials Manage custom attributes and Set custom attribute are required.