Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Web Client Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery and Instant Recovery Wizards
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery operations
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Web Client plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
Reasons for failure of pre-recovery checks
The following are the reasons for failures in the pre-recovery checks during the instant recovery operation:
vSphere server credentials changed.
Incorrect data center path or folder path.
Non-ASCII characters are used in the specified parameters.
See "NetBackup character restrictions for the Primary VM identifier" in the NetBackup for VMware Administrator's Guide available through the following URL:
Virtual machine display name conflict.
The virtual machine name already exists on the ESX server.
Connectivity and space availability.
Indicates issues that are related to connectivity to various recovery artifacts and the available storage space for recovery.
VMware connectivity-related issue.
The NFS volume mount limit was exceeded on the ESX host.
The NFS volume mount limit (eight mounts) was exceeded.
Backup image not available.
The selected backup image is not available for recovery.
The pre-recovery check is a one-time action for the instant recovery wizard operation. Even after failure checks are displayed in the pre-recovery check list, you can perform IR operations.