Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Web Client Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery and Instant Recovery Wizards
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery operations
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Web Client plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
Authorizing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client to restore virtual machines
The NetBackup master server initiates and controls the backup of virtual machines. To use the plug-in to restore virtual machines, you must obtain an authentication token from the NetBackup administrator. You can then authorize the plug-in to restore the virtual machines that were backed up by that master server.
To authorize the plug-in to restore virtual machines
- Ask the NetBackup administrator to provide an authentication token file.
- Copy the authentication token file to the computer or laptop where the vSphere Web Client is launched.
Make a note of the location.
- In the top level of the vSphere Web Client object navigator, click Veritas NetBackup.
- Click Register Master Servers.
- Enter the following to specify a NetBackup master server and its authentication token.
Add NetBackup Master Server
NetBackup Master Server
Enter the fully qualified domain name of the master server.
NetBackup does not support adding the server by its IP address.
Port for NetBackup Web Services
If the NetBackup administrator has not changed the port, accept the default (8443). Otherwise, ask the administrator for the correct port number.
Upload Authentication Token
Click Browse to select the authentication token file that the NetBackup administrator provided.
Click Add Server. The server is added to the list of master servers that the plug-in can communicate with.
- Add other master servers and their authentication tokens as needed.
- To be able to restore to an alternate vCenter server, log on to that vCenter server and register the master server.
- You can also remove a master server from the list of servers, or validate the connection from the plug-in to a master server.
Validate/Remove NetBackup Master Server
After the master server is added to the list, you can validate the connection. Type or select the master server and click Validate.
Click Remove to remove the server from the list. The plug-in is no longer able to monitor or restore the backups that the master server performed.