Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Web Client Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery and Instant Recovery Wizards
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery operations
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Web Client plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
vCenter privileges for backup monitoring
Before you can use the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client to monitor virtual machine backups, you must set vCenter privileges. Use the vSphere Web Client to make sure that the following Global privileges are set in vCenter: Manage custom attributes and Set custom attribute.
If the user account to access the plug-in cannot be assigned administrator privileges, you must set these permissions at the vCenter level. For assistance setting privileges, refer to the appropriate VMware vSphere Documentation Center.
In the vSphere Web Client interface, the Global privileges may look similar to the following: