Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Web Client Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery and Instant Recovery Wizards
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery operations
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Web Client plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
Instant recovery-ready backup images are not available for selection
If no backup images appear on the Images Available for Instant Recovery (IR) screen, the images may not be available on the master server for the selected period.
Note the following about instant recovery of VMware virtual machines:
Supports the following storage unit types (disk only):
BasicDisk, AdvancedDisk, Media Server Deduplication Pool (MSDP).
Snapshot-only backups are not supported.
Does not support a virtual machine that had disks that were excluded from the backup. The policyoption must be set to include all disks.
Does not support a virtual machine that has a disk in raw device mapping mode (RDM) or that has a disk in Persistent mode.
Supports the following policy schedule types: Full backups, and the incremental backups that include theoption with a disk-based storage unit. Incremental backups without the policy option are not supported.
Does not support virtual machine templates.
Contact a NetBackup administrator to check the backup details.