Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Web Client Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery and Instant Recovery Wizards
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery operations
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Web Client plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
Events display (in the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client)
The Events display shows backup information based on events, such as backup successful, backup failed, and snapshot delete failed. It can show backup events for a single VM or for all VMs in the selected object.
The following is an example of the Events display.
Table: Events display
Click in a column header to list the column entries in ascending or descending order.
You can also adjust the width of each column.
Click and hold a column header to drag the column to the left or right in the display.
For the selected vSphere object, shows only the VMs that were successfully backed up.
For the selected vSphere object, shows only the VMs that were not successfully backed up.
Snapshot Delete Failed
For the selected vSphere object, shows only the VMs for which NetBackup failed to delete the snapshot after the backup completed.
After it creates a snapshot, NetBackup deletes the snapshot when the backup completes. If NetBackup fails to delete snapshots, the performance of the VM may eventually decline. In that case, you may need to delete the snapshots manually.
To recover a VM, right-click on its row and click.
The Recovery Wizard appears.
Click the drop-down icon in the lower right, to export or copy the rows to a file. To export or copy information on a particular VM, first click on the row of the VM.
To save the information to an HTML or comma-separated text (CSV) file, click.
To save to the Clipboard, click.