Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Web Client Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery and Instant Recovery Wizards
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery operations
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Web Client plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
The NetBackup plug-in is not shown in the vSphere Web Client interface even after registration
This issue may occur for any of the following reasons:
Table: Reasons for the NetBackup plug-in not appearing in the vSphere Web Client
Description and recommended action
The NetBackup plug-in does not support the vCenter version.
Messages similar to the following may appear in the
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure
For a list of supported vCenter versions for the plug-in for vSphere Web Client, see the following document:
Support for NetBackup 7.x and 8.x in virtual environments:
In this case, the default vCenter configuration does not allow the plug-in to be downloaded and deployed. Messages similar to the following may appear in the VMware
The plugin package download was blocked because the URL is not secure. To allow http URLs add allowHttp=true to webclient.properties
See the procedure To allow installation of the plug-in over an HTTP URL.
A previous instance of the NetBackup plug-in did not properly clean up after uninstallation.
Do the following:
To allow installation of the plug-in over an HTTP URL
- Add the following directive to the vCenter's webclient.properties file:
The webclient.properties file may be located in the following directory:
C:\ProgramData\VMware\vSphere Web Client\
In vCenter 5.5.x:
In vCenter 6.0 and 6.5:
- Restart the vSphere Web Client service.
The following VMware articles contain further information on starting the vSphere Web Client service:
vCenter 5.x: https://kb.vmware.com/kb/2054085
vCenter 6.0 and 6.5: https://kb.vmware.com/kb/2109887
- Log on again to the vSphere Web Client.
When you log on, the plug-in is then installed.