Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Web Client Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery and Instant Recovery Wizards
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery operations
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Web Client plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
Summary display (in the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client)
The Summary display summarizes backup status, backup events, and backup age for the VMs in the vSphere object that you select. If you select an individual VM, the Summary display shows backup status and events for that VM.
Figure: Summary display with backup data for multiple VMs shows an example of the Summary display for multiple VMs.
The Summary display presents the following backup information.
Table: NetBackup Summary display for vSphere Web Client
Shows the current backup status for a particular VM or for all the VMs that belong to the selected vSphere object.
If the vSphere object is higher than the level of a VM, the backup status appears in a color-coded pie chart.
If the panel applies to more than one VM: click on the linked values (such as for Virtual Machines display.or ) to see the details in the
Virtual Machines By Backup Age
Shows the backup age of the VMs in a bar chart. This panel is available only for a vSphere object that is higher than the level of a VM.
Lists the total number of backup events and a breakdown of the events by Backup Successful, Backup Failed, and Snapshot Delete Failed.
Click on the linked values for Events display., , , or to see the details in the
Includes a color-coded bar chart that represents the type and number of backup events that occurred within a specified period. Each bar represents the events that occurred on a particular day.
You can configure the chart as follows: