Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Web Client Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery and Instant Recovery Wizards
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery operations
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Web Client plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
Configuring settings for the virtual machine recovery
Use theoption to configure the settings for virtual machine recovery.
To configure the settings for the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client
- In the top level of the vSphere Web Client object navigator, click Veritas NetBackup.
- Click Settings.
- In the Settings dialog, enter the settings as described in Table: Fields in the Settings dialog for recovery.
- For each Preferred Instant Recovery Destination setting, click Change or Select.
- Click Save to save the settings.
The Preferred Instant Recovery Destination settings are populated during the IR wizard screen Destination Selection when you select the Reset to Preferred Destination option.
Table: Fields in the Settings dialog for recovery
Maximum Retention Period for Backup Events
Set the retention period of the vCenter event viz. recovered virtual machines.
Maximum number of instant recovery of VM(s) active at one time per master server
Enter the maximum number of IR jobs that can be run simultaneously for a single NetBackup master server.
Preferred Instant Recovery Destination
Select the destination settings for instant recovery.
The destination vCenter server.
Data center/ESX Server
The data center or the ESX server that is registered with the vCenter server. Click(or ) for a pop-up in which to locate the data center or server.
Resource Pool or vApp
The virtual machine pool or the vApp to be used for the recovery.
Temporary Datastore or Datastore Cluster
The temporary datastore to be used during the recovery process.
Clear Preferred Destination Settings
Click to remove the current settings.