Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Web Client Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery and Instant Recovery Wizards
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery operations
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Web Client plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
Notes on the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client
Note the following about the NetBackup vSphere Web Client plug-in:
The best screen resolution for the plug-in is 1280 x 1024 or greater.
The plug-in does not support auto-refresh. To refresh the display, click the vSphere Web Client refresh icon:
In vCenter, the default retention period for vCenter events is 180 days. This value is the recommended setting.
If an ESXi server is removed from vCenter and is later re-added, the events for the VMs managed by that ESXi are lost. For VM status, the plug-in shows "No Backup Information." The status changes as new backup events occur for each VM.
The NetBackup master server must be configured with backup policies of type VMware, with the option set to All Events.
The plug-in monitors backups that a NetBackup VMware policy made. The plug-in does not monitor backups from other policy types.
Note the following exceptions:
The plug-in does not monitor backups from a VMware policy that had Use Replication Director enabled and Application Consistent Snapshot disabled (under Options).
The plug-in does not monitor all the copies that a storage lifecycle policy (SLP) makes; it monitors the first image only.
Search for virtual machines does not support non-ASCII characters. However, the search results show the VM names that contain non-ASCII characters. Therefore, you can search for ASCII characters only and still see the VMs that contain non-ASCII characters in their names.