Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Web Client Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery and Instant Recovery Wizards
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery operations
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Web Client plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
Virtual Machine Selection screen (NetBackup Recovery Wizard for vSphere Web Client)
Select the virtual machine to restore.
Table: Fields in the Virtual Machine Selection screen
Select the vCenter Server
Shows the vCenter server where the plug-in is installed.
Use the drop-down list to select the vCenter server where the VM resided when it was backed up.
If the plug-in is not authorized to restore VMs, this field is empty.
Select NetBackup Master Server
Use the drop-down list to select the master server that made the backup.
If the master server does not have any VM backups, the error message no entity was found EC:227 appears.
If the master server is not in the drop-down, you must register the master server with the vCenter.
Enter Display Name or UUID or DNS Name or Host Name
Enter the name (or portion of the name) of the virtual machine that you want to restore, and click.
This field is case-sensitive.
The results of the search appear in this list.
Click the virtual machine to restore and then click.
The NetBackup master server identifies each VM in the backup policy as a "client." In the search results, the NetBackup Client Name column displays that name.