Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Web Client Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery and Instant Recovery Wizards
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery operations
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Web Client plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
Instant recovery events for non-available virtual machines
For instant recovery operations (activate, deactivate, reactivate), NetBackup posts success or failure events to the vCenter server. These events are posted for the virtual machine during its restore.
For the activate and reactivate operations, the virtual machine already exists in vCenter. Therefore, when you select that virtual machine and navigate to the Monitor > Events tab, you see the NetBackup events for these operations.
For the deactivate operation, the virtual machine is unregistered and deleted from vCenter server. That virtual machine is no longer visible in vSphere Web Client. To see its NetBackup events, select the ESX server or top-level vCenter object in vSphere Web Client and navigate to Monitor > Events. Usually only the event description appears in the Events tab. In rare cases, the event ID may appear instead of the event description.
The following are the IR event IDs and descriptions.
IR Activate Operation Events
NetBackup instant recovery Activate operation is successful.
NetBackup instant recovery Activate operation is failed.
IR Deactivate Operation Events
NetBackup instant recovery Deactivate operation is successful.
NetBackup instant recovery Deactivate operation is failed.
IR Reactivate Operation Events
NetBackup instant recovery Reactivate operation is successful.
NetBackup instant recovery Reactivate operation is failed.