Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Web Client Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Web Client
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery and Instant Recovery Wizards
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery operations
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Web Client plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
Notes on using the plug-in in a VMware Platform Services Controller (PSC) environment
For the vCenter servers that a VMware Platform Services Controller (PSC) manages, note the following about the NetBackup vSphere Web Client plug-in:
The plug-in only needs to be installed on one of the vCenter servers. The installed plug-in is accessible to all the vCenter servers under the PSC.
You must register the NetBackup master server on each vCenter server where virtual machines are to be restored.
Backups of the virtual machines that reside on vCenter servers under the PSC can be restored to any vCenter under the PSC. Backups of the virtual machines that reside on vCenter servers outside of the PSC cannot be restored to vCenter servers under the PSC.
For example: A VM was backed up on vCenter 1. To restore that VM to vCenter 2, both vCenters need to be under the same PSC. In this case, the NetBackup master server needs credentials at least for vCenter 2.