Veritas NetBackup™ Cloud Administrator's Guide
- About NetBackup cloud storage
- About the cloud storage
- About the Amazon S3 cloud storage API type
- About protecting data in Amazon for long-term retention
- Protecting data using Amazon's cloud tiering
- About using Amazon IAM roles with NetBackup
- Protecting data with Amazon Snowball and Amazon Snowball Edge
- About Microsoft Azure cloud storage API type
- About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type
- Configuring cloud storage in NetBackup
- Scalable Storage properties
- Cloud Storage properties
- About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
- About the NetBackup media servers for cloud storage
- Configuring a storage server for cloud storage
- NetBackup cloud storage server properties
- Configuring a storage unit for cloud storage
- Changing cloud storage disk pool properties
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Operational notes
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting cloud storage configuration issues
- Troubleshooting cloud storage operational issues
About support limitations for NetBackup cloud storage
The following items are some of the limitations of NetBackup cloud storage:
The cloud vendors do not support optimized duplication.
The cloud vendors do not support direct to tape (by NDMP).
The cloud vendors do not support disk volume spanning of backup images.
If the NetBackup master server is installed on a platform that NetBackup cloud does not support, you may observe issues in cloud storage server configuration.
For the operating systems that NetBackup supports for cloud storage, see the NetBackup operating system compatibility list available through the following URL:
For Hitachi cloud storage, synthetic backups are not successful if you enabled the encryption option. To run the synthetic backups successfully, you need to enable the versioning option for buckets (or namespaces) through the Hitachi cloud portal. For more details on how to enable the versioning option, contact your Hitachi cloud provider.
Cloud storage servers cannot use the same volume (bucket or container) to store data. You should create a separate volume (bucket or container) for each cloud storage server.
NetBackup 7.7.1 and later versions support configuring cloud storage using the Frankfurt region.
In the NetBackup Cloud Storage Configuration wizard, the following items are displayed only in the English language:
All the cloud provider names.
Description of the cloud providers.
In case of AmazonGov, the following fields: Certificate File Name, Private Key File Name, Private Key Passphrase, Agency, Mission Name, and Role.
In case of Openstack Swift, the following fields: Tenant Type, Tenant Value, User Type, User Domain Type, User Domain Value, Project Domain Type, and Project Domain Value.
NetBackup now supports IPv6. The support is available only with all the cloud vendors and proxy server types that support IPv6.