Veritas NetBackup™ Cloud Administrator's Guide
- About NetBackup cloud storage
- About the cloud storage
- About the Amazon S3 cloud storage API type
- About protecting data in Amazon for long-term retention
- Protecting data using Amazon's cloud tiering
- About using Amazon IAM roles with NetBackup
- Protecting data with Amazon Snowball and Amazon Snowball Edge
- About Microsoft Azure cloud storage API type
- About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type
- Configuring cloud storage in NetBackup
- Scalable Storage properties
- Cloud Storage properties
- About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
- About the NetBackup media servers for cloud storage
- Configuring a storage server for cloud storage
- NetBackup cloud storage server properties
- Configuring a storage unit for cloud storage
- Changing cloud storage disk pool properties
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Operational notes
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting cloud storage configuration issues
- Troubleshooting cloud storage operational issues
Troubleshooting Amazon Snowball and Amazon Snowball Edge issues
Disk pool creation fails when the cloud storage properties are changed to Amazon Snowball end point. The following error is encountered:
No Volumes found.
Ensure that the OFFLINE_TRANSFER_MODE storage server property is set to PROVIDER_API.
Restore fails with the following error:
The specified key does not exist.
The image to be restored was not successfully imported to cloud. Re-run the duplication-to-cloud operation for that image and perform the restore.
Run the bpduplicate command. See the NetBackup Command Reference Guide.
In case of CloudCatalyst media server, backup the data to the device again from NetBackup and perform the import.
In case of a non-CloudCatalyst media server, run the duplication-to-cloud operation for that image. Use the bpduplicate command. See the NetBackup Command Reference Guide.
For any other issues. ensure that the configuration is done properly. Refer to the NetBackup with Amazon Snowball and Snowball Edge Configuration Checks technote.