Veritas NetBackup™ Cloud Administrator's Guide
- About NetBackup cloud storage
- About the cloud storage
- About the Amazon S3 cloud storage API type
- About protecting data in Amazon for long-term retention
- Protecting data using Amazon's cloud tiering
- About using Amazon IAM roles with NetBackup
- Protecting data with Amazon Snowball and Amazon Snowball Edge
- About Microsoft Azure cloud storage API type
- About OpenStack Swift cloud storage API type
- Configuring cloud storage in NetBackup
- Scalable Storage properties
- Cloud Storage properties
- About the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container
- About the NetBackup media servers for cloud storage
- Configuring a storage server for cloud storage
- NetBackup cloud storage server properties
- Configuring a storage unit for cloud storage
- Changing cloud storage disk pool properties
- Monitoring and Reporting
- Operational notes
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
- Troubleshooting cloud storage configuration issues
- Troubleshooting cloud storage operational issues
Deploying host name-based certificates
This is applicable for media server versions 7.7.x to 8.1.2 only.
You can deploy the required host name-based security certificate for the NetBackup media servers that you use for cloud storage. Each media server that you use for cloud storage runs the NetBackup CloudStore Service Container.
You can deploy a certificate for an individual media server or for all media servers. Media servers that you use for cloud storage must have a host name-based security certificate.
Ensure the following before you deploy a host-name based certificate:
All nodes of the cluster have a host ID-based certificate.
All Fully Qualified Domain Names (FQHN) and short names for the cluster nodes are mapped to their respective host IDs.
To deploy a host name-based security certificate for media servers
- Run the following command on the master server, depending on your environment. Specify the name of an individual media server or specify -AllMediaServers.
On Windows: install_path\NetBackup\bin\admincmd\bpnbaz -ProvisionCert host_name|-AllMediaServers
On UNIX: /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpnbaz -ProvisionCert host_name|-AllMediaServers
NetBackup appliance (as a NetBackupCLI user): bpnbaz -ProvisionCert Media_server_name
- Restart the NetBackup Service Layer (nbsl) service on the media server.
In you use dynamic IPs on the hosts (DHCP), ensure that the host name and the IP address are correctly listed on the master server. To do so, run the following NetBackup bpclient command on the master server:
On Windows: Install_path\NetBackup\bin\admincmd\bpclient -L -All
On UNIX: /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpclient -L -All