Enterprise Vault™ Upgrade Instructions
- About this guide
- Before you begin
- Points to note when upgrading
- Installing Outlook on the Enterprise Vault server
- Improved consistency when applying a retention period to items
- Additional points to note when upgrading from Enterprise Vault 11.0 or 11.0.1
- Steps to upgrade your system
- Enterprise Vault server preparation
- Backing up the system
- Single server: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Multiple servers: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Veritas Cluster Server: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Windows Server Failover Clustering: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Upgrading standalone Administration Consoles
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault Reporting
- Upgrading MOM and SCOM
- Upgrading Exchange Server forms
- Upgrading Domino mailbox archiving
- Upgrading the FSA Agent
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault Office Mail App
- Upgrading OWA Extensions
- Upgrading SharePoint Server components
- Upgrading SMTP archiving
- Checking the SMTP journaling type configuration
- Upgrading your Enterprise Vault sites to use Enterprise Vault Search
- Setting up provisioning groups for Enterprise Vault Search
- Configuring user browsers for Enterprise Vault Search
- Setting up Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
- Carrying out preinstallation tasks for Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault API applications
About the upgrade procedure
To upgrade, import the Enterprise Vault 12.3 management pack. You do not need to delete the previous versions.
After you have imported the Enterprise Vault 12.3 management packs, you may see two nodes if you have both Enterprise Vault 12.x and 11.0.x servers:
Veritas Enterprise Vault - Enterprise Vault 12.x servers.
Symantec Enterprise Vault - Enterprise Vault 11.0.1 or earlier servers.
To monitor the existing Enterprise Vault 11.0.x servers, you need to use the Enterprise Vault 11.0.x management packs. If you no longer need to monitor older versions of Enterprise Vault server, you can delete the previous Enterprise Vault management packs.
To delete the previous Enterprise Vault management packs
- In the Operations console, click the Administration button.
- In the Administration list, click Management Packs.
- In the Management Packs pane, right-click the Enterprise Vault management pack and then click Delete.
If any other management packs depend on the Enterprise Vault pack, a "Dependent Management Packs" error message appears. Before you can continue, you must first take a backup copy of the dependent packs and then either delete them or edit them to remove their dependency on the Enterprise Vault pack.