Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Enterprise Vault™ Upgrade Instructions
Last Published: 2018-05-21
Product(s): Enterprise Vault (12.3)
- About this guide
- Before you begin
- Points to note when upgrading
- Installing Outlook on the Enterprise Vault server
- Improved consistency when applying a retention period to items
- Additional points to note when upgrading from Enterprise Vault 11.0 or 11.0.1
- Steps to upgrade your system
- Enterprise Vault server preparation
- Backing up the system
- Single server: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Multiple servers: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Veritas Cluster Server: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Windows Server Failover Clustering: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Upgrading standalone Administration Consoles
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault Reporting
- Upgrading MOM and SCOM
- Upgrading Exchange Server forms
- Upgrading Domino mailbox archiving
- Upgrading the FSA Agent
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault Office Mail App
- Upgrading OWA Extensions
- Upgrading SharePoint Server components
- Upgrading SMTP archiving
- Checking the SMTP journaling type configuration
- Upgrading your Enterprise Vault sites to use Enterprise Vault Search
- Setting up provisioning groups for Enterprise Vault Search
- Configuring user browsers for Enterprise Vault Search
- Setting up Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
- Carrying out preinstallation tasks for Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault API applications
Upgrading a standalone Administration Console (wizard)
To upgrade a standalone Administration Console
- Log on to the computer as the Vault Service account.
- Make sure that the Administration Console is not running.
- Load the Enterprise Vault media.
- If Windows AutoPlay is enabled on the server, Windows shows an AutoPlay dialog box. Click Run Setup.exe.
If AutoPlay is not enabled, use Windows Explorer to open the root folder of the installation media and then double-click the file
- In the list in the left pane of the Veritas Enterprise Vault Install Launcher window, click Enterprise Vault.
- Click Server Installation.
- In the right pane, click Upgrade existing server.
- Click Install. The Enterprise Vault installation wizard starts.
- Work through the installation to upgrade the Administration Console component.
- On Windows 7 only, create an activation configuration file.