Enterprise Vault™ Upgrade Instructions
- About this guide
- Before you begin
- Points to note when upgrading
- Installing Outlook on the Enterprise Vault server
- Improved consistency when applying a retention period to items
- Additional points to note when upgrading from Enterprise Vault 11.0 or 11.0.1
- Steps to upgrade your system
- Enterprise Vault server preparation
- Backing up the system
- Single server: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Multiple servers: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Veritas Cluster Server: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Windows Server Failover Clustering: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Upgrading standalone Administration Consoles
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault Reporting
- Upgrading MOM and SCOM
- Upgrading Exchange Server forms
- Upgrading Domino mailbox archiving
- Upgrading the FSA Agent
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault Office Mail App
- Upgrading OWA Extensions
- Upgrading SharePoint Server components
- Upgrading SMTP archiving
- Checking the SMTP journaling type configuration
- Upgrading your Enterprise Vault sites to use Enterprise Vault Search
- Setting up provisioning groups for Enterprise Vault Search
- Configuring user browsers for Enterprise Vault Search
- Setting up Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
- Carrying out preinstallation tasks for Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault API applications
Enabling fast browsing for Enterprise Vault Search
Enterprise Vault can create metadata indexes for use with Enterprise Vault Search. These indexes enable faster browsing of archived items. If there is no metadata index for an archive, Enterprise Vault Search uses the archive's own index but browsing is slower.
Enterprise Vault does not automatically enable fast browsing for archives.
Fast browsing is always enabled for IMAP.
If you choose to enable fast browsing, you can do so in the following ways:
Use the Administration Console. On the Archive Settings tab of the Site Properties dialog box, you can enable fast browsing for all new or existing archives of a particular type. For example, you can enable all Exchange mailbox archives.
You can also enable archives individually, by editing the properties of each archive. This method is not suitable if you need to enable more than a few archives.
Use a PowerShell cmdlet. The New-EVMDSBuildTask cmdlet lets you enable a large number of archives for fast browsing.