Enterprise Vault™ Upgrade Instructions
- About this guide
- Before you begin
- Points to note when upgrading
- Installing Outlook on the Enterprise Vault server
- Improved consistency when applying a retention period to items
- Additional points to note when upgrading from Enterprise Vault 11.0 or 11.0.1
- Steps to upgrade your system
- Enterprise Vault server preparation
- Backing up the system
- Single server: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Multiple servers: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Veritas Cluster Server: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Windows Server Failover Clustering: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Upgrading standalone Administration Consoles
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault Reporting
- Upgrading MOM and SCOM
- Upgrading Exchange Server forms
- Upgrading Domino mailbox archiving
- Upgrading the FSA Agent
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault Office Mail App
- Upgrading OWA Extensions
- Upgrading SharePoint Server components
- Upgrading SMTP archiving
- Checking the SMTP journaling type configuration
- Upgrading your Enterprise Vault sites to use Enterprise Vault Search
- Setting up provisioning groups for Enterprise Vault Search
- Configuring user browsers for Enterprise Vault Search
- Setting up Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
- Carrying out preinstallation tasks for Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault API applications
About upgrading Exchange Server forms
By default, Enterprise Vault deploys the Exchange Server forms to users' computers automatically.
If you use forms from the Organization Forms Library instead of using the Enterprise Vault client to deploy the forms automatically then you must upgrade the forms in the Organization Forms Library.
If you decide to upgrade the forms that are in the Organization Forms Library, follow the instructions in the "Distributing Exchange Server Forms" chapter of Setting up Exchange Server Archiving.
Note the following:
When you upgrade or reinstall the Enterprise Vault forms
EVPendingArchiveHTTP.fdm, always uninstall the existing copies first. Do not install the new forms on top of the existing copies.
By default, Enterprise Vault deploys the forms automatically into personal forms libraries.