Enterprise Vault™ Upgrade Instructions
- About this guide
- Before you begin
- Points to note when upgrading
- Installing Outlook on the Enterprise Vault server
- Improved consistency when applying a retention period to items
- Additional points to note when upgrading from Enterprise Vault 11.0 or 11.0.1
- Steps to upgrade your system
- Enterprise Vault server preparation
- Backing up the system
- Single server: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Multiple servers: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Veritas Cluster Server: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Windows Server Failover Clustering: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Upgrading standalone Administration Consoles
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault Reporting
- Upgrading MOM and SCOM
- Upgrading Exchange Server forms
- Upgrading Domino mailbox archiving
- Upgrading the FSA Agent
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault Office Mail App
- Upgrading OWA Extensions
- Upgrading SharePoint Server components
- Upgrading SMTP archiving
- Checking the SMTP journaling type configuration
- Upgrading your Enterprise Vault sites to use Enterprise Vault Search
- Setting up provisioning groups for Enterprise Vault Search
- Configuring user browsers for Enterprise Vault Search
- Setting up Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
- Carrying out preinstallation tasks for Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault API applications
Creating and configuring Client Access Provisioning tasks for Enterprise Vault Search
You require one Client Access Provisioning task for each Active Directory domain or Domino domain in which you want to apply search policies for Enterprise Vault Search. At specified times each day, the task applies the required search policy to users who are the targets of a provisioning group with which you have associated the task. You can host the task on any Enterprise Vault server in your site. However, if the task is to provision a Domino domain then you must ensure that Notes is installed on the server.
Besides processing the search provisioning groups for a domain, a Client Access Provisioning task also processes the domain's IMAP (Exchange Mailbox or Internet Mail) provisioning groups. These two types of provisioning group differ slightly in how the task processes them, in the event that the task is stopped before it has finished assigning the required policies to the target users.
For a search provisioning group, the task does not assign the search policy to any users. When the task next runs, it starts from the beginning and assigns the policy to all users.
For an IMAP provisioning group, those users to whom the task assigned a policy before it stopped retain that policy; the other users are not provisioned. However, when the task next runs, it starts from the beginning and reassigns the policy to all users.
If a suitable Client Access Provisioning task does not exist when you set up a search provisioning group, Enterprise Vault automatically creates one. However, you can manually create and configure this task at any time.
To create and configure a Client Access Provisioning task for Enterprise Vault Search
- In the left pane of the Administration Console, find and then expand the Enterprise Vault Servers container.
- Expand the container for the server to which you want to add the Client Access Provisioning task.
- Right-click the Tasks container, and then click New > Client Access Provisioning Task.
The New Client Access Provisioning Task dialog box appears.
Complete the fields and then click OK. The dialog box prompts you to specify the following:
The domain with which to associate the task.
The name of the task.
Whether to start the task now. If you want to configure the task before it starts, turn off this option and follow the instructions in step 5.
The settings that you can configure include the times at which the task runs each day and the level of reporting that it undertakes for each provisioning run.
- To configure the task, right-click it in the right pane, and then click Properties.
The online Help provides detailed information on each field in the properties dialog box.