Enterprise Vault™ Upgrade Instructions
- About this guide
- Before you begin
- Points to note when upgrading
- Installing Outlook on the Enterprise Vault server
- Improved consistency when applying a retention period to items
- Additional points to note when upgrading from Enterprise Vault 11.0 or 11.0.1
- Steps to upgrade your system
- Enterprise Vault server preparation
- Backing up the system
- Single server: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Multiple servers: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Veritas Cluster Server: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Windows Server Failover Clustering: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Upgrading standalone Administration Consoles
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault Reporting
- Upgrading MOM and SCOM
- Upgrading Exchange Server forms
- Upgrading Domino mailbox archiving
- Upgrading the FSA Agent
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault Office Mail App
- Upgrading OWA Extensions
- Upgrading SharePoint Server components
- Upgrading SMTP archiving
- Checking the SMTP journaling type configuration
- Upgrading your Enterprise Vault sites to use Enterprise Vault Search
- Setting up provisioning groups for Enterprise Vault Search
- Configuring user browsers for Enterprise Vault Search
- Setting up Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
- Carrying out preinstallation tasks for Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault API applications
Verifying the installation of Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
Before you make Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition available to users, follow the steps below to verify the installation.
To verify the installation of Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
- Open a web browser on a smartphone that has Internet access.
- In the Address field, enter the Mobile Search URL as follows:
Where server is the name or IP address of the server on which you installed the search components.
- Click Go or press Enter to display the Sign In page.
- Enter the details of a user who has access to at least one archive.
- Click Sign In.
If your authentication is valid, you see the home page of Enterprise Vault Search.
- Perform a search to verify that Enterprise Vault Search can return search results.
- Click a message in the search results and verify that you can see its contents.