Enterprise Vault™ Upgrade Instructions
- About this guide
- Before you begin
- Points to note when upgrading
- Installing Outlook on the Enterprise Vault server
- Improved consistency when applying a retention period to items
- Additional points to note when upgrading from Enterprise Vault 11.0 or 11.0.1
- Steps to upgrade your system
- Enterprise Vault server preparation
- Backing up the system
- Single server: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Multiple servers: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Veritas Cluster Server: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Windows Server Failover Clustering: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Upgrading standalone Administration Consoles
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault Reporting
- Upgrading MOM and SCOM
- Upgrading Exchange Server forms
- Upgrading Domino mailbox archiving
- Upgrading the FSA Agent
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault Office Mail App
- Upgrading OWA Extensions
- Upgrading SharePoint Server components
- Upgrading SMTP archiving
- Checking the SMTP journaling type configuration
- Upgrading your Enterprise Vault sites to use Enterprise Vault Search
- Setting up provisioning groups for Enterprise Vault Search
- Configuring user browsers for Enterprise Vault Search
- Setting up Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
- Carrying out preinstallation tasks for Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault API applications
Running the Enterprise Vault Reporting Configuration utility
Perform the following procedure on each computer on which the Enterprise Vault Reporting component is installed. Do not run the utility until you have done the following:
Installed the Enterprise Vault 12.3 software on the Enterprise Vault servers.
Installed the Enterprise Vault 12.3 Reporting component on each computer on which the Reporting component is installed.
To run the Enterprise Vault Reporting Configuration utility
- Start the Reporting Configuration utility, Enterprise Vault Reports Configuration.
- Select Configure Reporting and deploy or upgrade reports.
- Type the domain, user name, and password for the Reporting user account.
- Select the SQL Server Reporting Services instance.
- Select the language in which to deploy the reports.
- Select or type in the name of the Directory database SQL Server.
- Click Configure to deploy the reports.
If the Reporting Configuration utility indicates that there was an error deploying Enterprise Vault reports, see the following technical note on the Veritas Support website:
The Enterprise Vault Reporting Configuration utility synchronizes the report security settings with the current administrator roles. If you subsequently add, remove, or modify roles, Enterprise Vault must synchronize Enterprise Vault Reporting again to reflect the changes.
See "Enabling the synchronization of Enterprise Vault Reporting roles-based security" in the Reporting guide.