Enterprise Vault™ Upgrade Instructions
- About this guide
- Before you begin
- Points to note when upgrading
- Installing Outlook on the Enterprise Vault server
- Improved consistency when applying a retention period to items
- Additional points to note when upgrading from Enterprise Vault 11.0 or 11.0.1
- Steps to upgrade your system
- Enterprise Vault server preparation
- Backing up the system
- Single server: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Multiple servers: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Veritas Cluster Server: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Windows Server Failover Clustering: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Upgrading standalone Administration Consoles
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault Reporting
- Upgrading MOM and SCOM
- Upgrading Exchange Server forms
- Upgrading Domino mailbox archiving
- Upgrading the FSA Agent
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault Office Mail App
- Upgrading OWA Extensions
- Upgrading SharePoint Server components
- Upgrading SMTP archiving
- Checking the SMTP journaling type configuration
- Upgrading your Enterprise Vault sites to use Enterprise Vault Search
- Setting up provisioning groups for Enterprise Vault Search
- Configuring user browsers for Enterprise Vault Search
- Setting up Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
- Carrying out preinstallation tasks for Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault API applications
Where to get more information about Enterprise Vault
Table: Enterprise Vault documentation set
Veritas Enterprise Vault Documentation Library
Includes all the following documents in Windows Help (
You can access the library in several ways, including the following:
Introduction and Planning
Provides an overview of Enterprise Vault functionality.
Describes how to check the required software and settings before you install Enterprise Vault.
Installing and Configuring
Provides detailed information on setting up Enterprise Vault.
Describes how to upgrade an existing Enterprise Vault installation to the latest version.
Setting up Domino Server Archiving
Describes how to archive items from Domino mail files and journal databases.
Setting up Exchange Server Archiving
Describes how to archive items from Microsoft Exchange user mailboxes, journal mailboxes, and public folders.
Setting up File System Archiving
Describes how to archive files that are held on network file servers.
Setting up IMAP
Describes how to configure IMAP client access to Exchange archives and Internet Mail archives.
Setting up SharePoint Server Archiving
Describes how to archive documents from Microsoft SharePoint servers.
Setting up Skype for Business Archiving
Describes how to archive Skype for Business sessions.
Setting up SMTP Archiving
Describes how to archive SMTP messages from other messaging servers.
Classification using the Microsoft File Classification Infrastructure
Describes how to use the classification engine that is built into recent Windows Server editions to classify all new and existing archived content.
Classification using the Veritas Information Classifier
Describes how to use the Veritas Information Classifier to evaluate all new and archived content against a comprehensive set of industry-standard classification policies. If you are new to classification with Enterprise Vault, we recommend that you use the Veritas Information Classifier rather than the older and less intuitive File Classification Infrastructure engine.
Describes how to perform day-to-day administration procedures.
Describes how to perform various administrative tasks by running the Enterprise Vault PowerShell cmdlets.
Describes how to collect auditing information for events on Enterprise Vault servers.
Backup and Recovery
Describes how to implement an effective backup strategy to prevent data loss, and how to provide a means for recovery in the event of a system failure.
Describes how to implement Enterprise Vault Reporting, which provides reports on the status of Enterprise Vault servers, archives, and archived items. If you configure FSA Reporting, additional reports are available for file servers and their volumes.
Describes how to import content from Domino and Notes NSF files into Enterprise Vault archives.
Describes how to migrate content from Outlook PST files into Enterprise Vault archives.
Describes Enterprise Vault tools and utilities.
A reference document that lists the registry values with which you can modify many aspects of Enterprise Vault behavior.
Help for Administration Console
The online Help for the Enterprise Vault Administration Console.
Help for Enterprise Vault Operations Manager
The online Help for Enterprise Vault Operations Manager.
For the latest information on supported devices and versions of software, see the Enterprise Vault Compatibility Charts.