Enterprise Vault™ Upgrade Instructions
- About this guide
- Before you begin
- Points to note when upgrading
- Installing Outlook on the Enterprise Vault server
- Improved consistency when applying a retention period to items
- Additional points to note when upgrading from Enterprise Vault 11.0 or 11.0.1
- Steps to upgrade your system
- Enterprise Vault server preparation
- Backing up the system
- Single server: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Multiple servers: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Veritas Cluster Server: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Windows Server Failover Clustering: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Upgrading standalone Administration Consoles
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault Reporting
- Upgrading MOM and SCOM
- Upgrading Exchange Server forms
- Upgrading Domino mailbox archiving
- Upgrading the FSA Agent
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault Office Mail App
- Upgrading OWA Extensions
- Upgrading SharePoint Server components
- Upgrading SMTP archiving
- Checking the SMTP journaling type configuration
- Upgrading your Enterprise Vault sites to use Enterprise Vault Search
- Setting up provisioning groups for Enterprise Vault Search
- Configuring user browsers for Enterprise Vault Search
- Setting up Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
- Carrying out preinstallation tasks for Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault API applications
Installing the Enterprise Vault Reporting component
If you are upgrading from Enterprise Vault 11.0.x, you must remove the existing Symantec Enterprise Vault folder using the Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Report Manager web application before you install the Enterprise Vault 12.3 Reporting component.
You must install the Enterprise Vault 12.3 Reporting component on each computer on which the Enterprise Vault Reporting component is already installed.
If the Reporting component is installed on an Enterprise Vault server, you can install the Enterprise Vault 12.3 Reporting component when you install the other Enterprise Vault components.
Use the following procedure to install the Enterprise Vault Reporting component on any additional computers on which it is installed.
To install the Enterprise Vault Reporting component
- Log on to the computer with the Vault Service account.
- Load the Enterprise Vault media.
- If Windows AutoPlay is enabled on the server, Windows shows an AutoPlay dialog box. Click Run Setup.exe.
If AutoPlay is not enabled, use Windows Explorer to open the root folder of the installation media and then double-click the file
- In the list in the left pane of the Veritas Enterprise Vault Install Launcher window, click Enterprise Vault.
- Click Server Installation.
- In the right pane, click Upgrade existing server.
- Click Install. The Enterprise Vault installation wizard starts.
- Work through the installation to upgrade the Enterprise Vault Reporting component.