Enterprise Vault™ Upgrade Instructions
- About this guide
- Before you begin
- Points to note when upgrading
- Installing Outlook on the Enterprise Vault server
- Improved consistency when applying a retention period to items
- Additional points to note when upgrading from Enterprise Vault 11.0 or 11.0.1
- Steps to upgrade your system
- Enterprise Vault server preparation
- Backing up the system
- Single server: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Multiple servers: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Veritas Cluster Server: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Windows Server Failover Clustering: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Upgrading standalone Administration Consoles
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault Reporting
- Upgrading MOM and SCOM
- Upgrading Exchange Server forms
- Upgrading Domino mailbox archiving
- Upgrading the FSA Agent
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault Office Mail App
- Upgrading OWA Extensions
- Upgrading SharePoint Server components
- Upgrading SMTP archiving
- Checking the SMTP journaling type configuration
- Upgrading your Enterprise Vault sites to use Enterprise Vault Search
- Setting up provisioning groups for Enterprise Vault Search
- Configuring user browsers for Enterprise Vault Search
- Setting up Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
- Carrying out preinstallation tasks for Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault API applications
Upgrading the FSA Agent on a target Windows file server from the Administration Console
Use the following procedure to upgrade the FSA Agent by using the Administration Console's Install FSA Agent wizard.
Before you upgrade the FSA Agent on a target Windows file server, note that while the upgrade proceeds, Enterprise Vault stops the following FSA Agent services on the file server:
Enterprise Vault File Placeholder service. While this service is stopped, Enterprise Vault cannot create placeholders or perform placeholder recalls on the Windows file server.
Enterprise Vault File Collector service. While this service is stopped, no FSA Reporting scans run on the following:
The file server.
Any non-Windows file servers for which the file server acts as the FSA Reporting proxy server.
Enterprise Vault 12.3 does not support File Blocking. If you are upgrading from Enterprise Vault 12.1 or earlier, the upgrade process removes the Enterprise Vault File Blocking service from the file server.
To upgrade the FSA Agent on a target Windows file server from the Administration Console
- Run the Enterprise Vault Administration Console with an account that is a member of the local Administrators group on the file server.
- In the Administration Console, expand the Enterprise Vault site until the Targets container is visible.
- Expand the Targets container.
- Expand the File Servers container.
- Right-click the file server on which you want to upgrade the FSA Agent and then, on the shortcut menu click Install FSA Agent.
- Work through the wizard.
As part of the upgrade process, you may be prompted to restart the file server.