Enterprise Vault™ Upgrade Instructions
- About this guide
- Before you begin
- Points to note when upgrading
- Installing Outlook on the Enterprise Vault server
- Improved consistency when applying a retention period to items
- Additional points to note when upgrading from Enterprise Vault 11.0 or 11.0.1
- Steps to upgrade your system
- Enterprise Vault server preparation
- Backing up the system
- Single server: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Multiple servers: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Veritas Cluster Server: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Windows Server Failover Clustering: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Upgrading standalone Administration Consoles
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault Reporting
- Upgrading MOM and SCOM
- Upgrading Exchange Server forms
- Upgrading Domino mailbox archiving
- Upgrading the FSA Agent
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault Office Mail App
- Upgrading OWA Extensions
- Upgrading SharePoint Server components
- Upgrading SMTP archiving
- Checking the SMTP journaling type configuration
- Upgrading your Enterprise Vault sites to use Enterprise Vault Search
- Setting up provisioning groups for Enterprise Vault Search
- Configuring user browsers for Enterprise Vault Search
- Setting up Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
- Carrying out preinstallation tasks for Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault API applications
Granting the Domino archiving user access to mail files
The Domino archiving user account needs permissions to all the mail files to be archived. We recommend that you provide Manager access to the mail files.
The account requires a minimum of Editor access with Delete Documents and Create shared folders/views.
If you intend not to archive unread items then the Domino archiving user requires Manager access to the mail files. This is because Domino requires Manager access in order to determine which items are unread.
If Domino administrators have Manager access to all mail files, you can use the Manage ACL tool in the Domino Administrator client to add the Domino archiving user to all mail databases.
Repeat the following steps for each target Domino mail server.
To add the Domino archiving user to all mail databases
- In the Domino Administrator client, navigate to the Domino mail server and click the Files tab.
- In the tasks pane, click the Mail folder to display a list of all the mail databases in the results pane.
- Select the first mail database, and then press Shift+End to select all the mail databases.
- Right-click and select Access Control > Manage.
- Click Add and then click the person icon to select the Domino archiving user from the Domino directory list. Click OK.
- When the user is in the Access Control List dialog box, change the set User Type to Person and Access to Manager.
- Select Delete documents.
- Click OK to add the user to the ACL of all mail databases selected.
If no user has Manager access to every mail database, then do the following:
Place the Domino server administrator's user name in the Full Access Administrators field in the server document.
Restart the Domino server.
In the Domino Administrator client, choose Administration > Full Access Administration and complete the procedure described above.
If necessary, the administrator can then be removed from the Full Access Administrators field.