Enterprise Vault™ Upgrade Instructions
- About this guide
- Before you begin
- Points to note when upgrading
- Installing Outlook on the Enterprise Vault server
- Improved consistency when applying a retention period to items
- Additional points to note when upgrading from Enterprise Vault 11.0 or 11.0.1
- Steps to upgrade your system
- Enterprise Vault server preparation
- Backing up the system
- Single server: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Multiple servers: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Veritas Cluster Server: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Windows Server Failover Clustering: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Upgrading standalone Administration Consoles
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault Reporting
- Upgrading MOM and SCOM
- Upgrading Exchange Server forms
- Upgrading Domino mailbox archiving
- Upgrading the FSA Agent
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault Office Mail App
- Upgrading OWA Extensions
- Upgrading SharePoint Server components
- Upgrading SMTP archiving
- Checking the SMTP journaling type configuration
- Upgrading your Enterprise Vault sites to use Enterprise Vault Search
- Setting up provisioning groups for Enterprise Vault Search
- Configuring user browsers for Enterprise Vault Search
- Setting up Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
- Carrying out preinstallation tasks for Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault API applications
Installing Enterprise Vault (command line)
To upgrade the Administration Console from the command line
- Log on to the computer as the Vault Service account.
- Load the Enterprise Vault media.
- If Windows AutoPlay is enabled on the server, Windows shows an AutoPlay dialog box. Close the AutoPlay dialog box.
- Open a Command Prompt window and navigate to the following folder on the Enterprise Vault media:
\Veritas Enterprise Vault\Server
- Run the appropriate setup file, as follows:
On a computer that runs 64-bit version of Windows:
start /wait "" "setup (x64).exe" /s /clone_wait /v"COMPONENTS=VAC"
On a computer that runs 32-bit version of Windows:
start /wait "" "setup (x86).exe" /s /clone_wait /v"COMPONENTS=VAC"
- On Windows 7 only, create an activation configuration file.