Enterprise Vault™ Upgrade Instructions
- About this guide
- Before you begin
- Points to note when upgrading
- Installing Outlook on the Enterprise Vault server
- Improved consistency when applying a retention period to items
- Additional points to note when upgrading from Enterprise Vault 11.0 or 11.0.1
- Steps to upgrade your system
- Enterprise Vault server preparation
- Backing up the system
- Single server: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Multiple servers: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Veritas Cluster Server: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Windows Server Failover Clustering: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Upgrading standalone Administration Consoles
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault Reporting
- Upgrading MOM and SCOM
- Upgrading Exchange Server forms
- Upgrading Domino mailbox archiving
- Upgrading the FSA Agent
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault Office Mail App
- Upgrading OWA Extensions
- Upgrading SharePoint Server components
- Upgrading SMTP archiving
- Checking the SMTP journaling type configuration
- Upgrading your Enterprise Vault sites to use Enterprise Vault Search
- Setting up provisioning groups for Enterprise Vault Search
- Configuring user browsers for Enterprise Vault Search
- Setting up Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
- Carrying out preinstallation tasks for Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault API applications
Updating required Windows features
The Enterprise Vault Install Launcher can automatically check that a server has the required Windows features and can add any features that are missing.
For details of the features that the Install Launcher can add, see "Automatically preparing an Enterprise Vault server" in the Installing and Configuring guide.
To run the Prepare My System option
- Load the Enterprise Vault media on to the server.
- If Windows AutoPlay is enabled on the server, Windows shows an AutoPlay dialog box. Click Run Setup.exe.
If AutoPlay is not enabled, use Windows Explorer to open the root folder of the installation media and then double-click the file
The Install Launcher opens.
- In the list in the left pane of the Install Launcher, click Enterprise Vault.
- Click Server Preparation.
- Click Windows features, and then click Prepare my system. The Windows features are added immediately, with no further prompts. The server may restart automatically after the features have been added.