Enterprise Vault™ Upgrade Instructions
- About this guide
- Before you begin
- Points to note when upgrading
- Installing Outlook on the Enterprise Vault server
- Improved consistency when applying a retention period to items
- Additional points to note when upgrading from Enterprise Vault 11.0 or 11.0.1
- Steps to upgrade your system
- Enterprise Vault server preparation
- Backing up the system
- Single server: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Multiple servers: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Veritas Cluster Server: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Windows Server Failover Clustering: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Upgrading standalone Administration Consoles
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault Reporting
- Upgrading MOM and SCOM
- Upgrading Exchange Server forms
- Upgrading Domino mailbox archiving
- Upgrading the FSA Agent
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault Office Mail App
- Upgrading OWA Extensions
- Upgrading SharePoint Server components
- Upgrading SMTP archiving
- Checking the SMTP journaling type configuration
- Upgrading your Enterprise Vault sites to use Enterprise Vault Search
- Setting up provisioning groups for Enterprise Vault Search
- Configuring user browsers for Enterprise Vault Search
- Setting up Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
- Carrying out preinstallation tasks for Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault API applications
About upgrading Enterprise Vault Office Mail App
If you have deployed the Enterprise Vault Office Mail App, then you need to upgrade the deployed version after you have upgraded the Enterprise Vault server.
To upgrade Enterprise Vault Office Mail App
- On the Exchange Server, rerun the New-App command that you originally used to deploy the Enterprise Vault Office Mail App.
The New-App command lines for deploying the application to individual or multiple users are given in the section, "Deploying the Enterprise Vault Office Mail App", in Setting up Exchange Server Archiving.
- On the Enterprise Vault server, synchronize the mailboxes to which you have deployed the Enterprise Vault Office Mail App.
If the Exchange Mailbox Archiving task is set to run automatically, it synchronizes mailboxes the next time it runs. Alternatively, you can synchronize the mailboxes manually using the Enterprise Vault Administration Console. Open the properties dialog box of the Exchange Mailbox Archiving task, and select the Synchronization tab for the manual synchronization options.