Enterprise Vault™ Upgrade Instructions
- About this guide
- Before you begin
- Points to note when upgrading
- Installing Outlook on the Enterprise Vault server
- Improved consistency when applying a retention period to items
- Additional points to note when upgrading from Enterprise Vault 11.0 or 11.0.1
- Steps to upgrade your system
- Enterprise Vault server preparation
- Backing up the system
- Single server: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Multiple servers: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Veritas Cluster Server: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Windows Server Failover Clustering: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Upgrading standalone Administration Consoles
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault Reporting
- Upgrading MOM and SCOM
- Upgrading Exchange Server forms
- Upgrading Domino mailbox archiving
- Upgrading the FSA Agent
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault Office Mail App
- Upgrading OWA Extensions
- Upgrading SharePoint Server components
- Upgrading SMTP archiving
- Checking the SMTP journaling type configuration
- Upgrading your Enterprise Vault sites to use Enterprise Vault Search
- Setting up provisioning groups for Enterprise Vault Search
- Configuring user browsers for Enterprise Vault Search
- Setting up Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
- Carrying out preinstallation tasks for Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault API applications
Order of upgrade in an environment with Compliance Accelerator or Discovery Accelerator
Compliance Accelerator and Discovery Accelerator 12.3 work with Enterprise Vault 11.0.1 and later.
Order in which to perform the upgrade
If your environment includes Discovery Accelerator:
Install Discovery Accelerator 12.3 on the Discovery Accelerator server.
Then upgrade the Discovery Accelerator databases.
Then install the Discovery Accelerator 12.3 client software on each client computer.
- Upgrade Enterprise Vault to version 12.3 on all Enterprise Vault servers.
If your environment includes Compliance Accelerator, do not start the Enterprise Vault Storage service on any Enterprise Vault Storage server until you have upgraded to Compliance Accelerator 12.3. This order ensures that the random sampling feature works seamlessly before and after the upgrade.
- Upgrade Enterprise Vault to version 12.3 on all Compliance Accelerator and Discovery Accelerator servers.
If your environment includes Compliance Accelerator:
Install Compliance Accelerator 12.3 on the Compliance Accelerator server.
Then upgrade the Compliance Accelerator databases.
Install the Compliance Accelerator 12.3 client software on each client computer.
Note the following:
Only start the Enterprise Vault Storage service on the Enterprise Vault Storage servers after you have fully upgraded Compliance Accelerator.
For more information on supported versions and upgrade paths, see the Enterprise Vault Compatibility Charts and the article Supported upgrade paths for Enterprise Vault, Compliance Accelerator, Discovery Accelerator and Discovery Collector at https://www.veritas.com/docs/100023744.
For detailed instructions on how to upgrade Compliance Accelerator and Discovery Accelerator, see their accompanying documentation.