Enterprise Vault™ Upgrade Instructions
- About this guide
- Before you begin
- Points to note when upgrading
- Installing Outlook on the Enterprise Vault server
- Improved consistency when applying a retention period to items
- Additional points to note when upgrading from Enterprise Vault 11.0 or 11.0.1
- Steps to upgrade your system
- Enterprise Vault server preparation
- Backing up the system
- Single server: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Multiple servers: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Veritas Cluster Server: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Windows Server Failover Clustering: upgrading the Enterprise Vault server software
- Upgrading standalone Administration Consoles
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault Reporting
- Upgrading MOM and SCOM
- Upgrading Exchange Server forms
- Upgrading Domino mailbox archiving
- Upgrading the FSA Agent
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault Office Mail App
- Upgrading OWA Extensions
- Upgrading SharePoint Server components
- Upgrading SMTP archiving
- Checking the SMTP journaling type configuration
- Upgrading your Enterprise Vault sites to use Enterprise Vault Search
- Setting up provisioning groups for Enterprise Vault Search
- Configuring user browsers for Enterprise Vault Search
- Setting up Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
- Carrying out preinstallation tasks for Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition
- Upgrading Enterprise Vault API applications
Requirements for installing Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition on a proxy server
To maximize security, install Enterprise Vault Search on a reverse proxy server or protect the server with Microsoft Threat Management Gateway (TMG).
You can install Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition on a proxy server on which you have also installed the following:
One of the following versions of Windows:
Windows Server 2012
Windows Server 2012 R2
Windows Server 2016
The server must have an NTFS file system.
The Enterprise Vault API Runtime. The process of installing Enterprise Vault Search Mobile edition on the proxy server automatically installs the API Runtime, if it is not already present.
Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.5 or later.
The following table lists the minimum set of role services that you must install for the Web Server (IIS) role.
Common HTTP Features
Health and Diagnostics
Static Content Compression
IIS Management Console
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2.
The Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) HTTP Activation feature must be installed and enabled. You do not need to install and enable the non-HTTP Activation feature.
In addition, you must ensure the following:
The proxy server is part of a Windows domain.
Distributed COM (DCOM) is enabled.
Port 135 is open on the firewall.
None of the following is also installed on the proxy server:
The Enterprise Vault server software
Microsoft SQL Server
Microsoft Exchange Server (the target system for Enterprise Vault archiving)