Enterprise Vault™ Setting up SMTP Archiving
- About this guide
- Introducing Enterprise Vault SMTP Archiving
- Installing SMTP Archiving
- Configuring SMTP Archiving
- Configuring the Enterprise Vault SMTP Servers in the site
- Adding an SMTP Archiving task and holding folder
- Configuring retention categories and retention plans
- Creating SMTP policies
- Configuring archives for SMTP messages
- Provisioning users for SMTP Group or SMTP Mailbox Journaling
- Using the SMTP dashboard
- PowerShell cmdlets
- Appendix A. Configuring target address rewriting
Additional configuration for Compliance Accelerator
For Compliance Accelerator to determine whether the senders and recipients of SMTP messages are internal or external to your company, you must inform Enterprise Vault of the SMTP domains that it should treat as internal domains. This enables Enterprise Vault to set the correct value for the index property Vault.MsgDirection on each message that it archives. When Compliance Accelerator subsequently processes these messages, it can determine their direction of travel from the Vault.MsgDirection property value.
For more information, see "Configuring how Compliance Accelerator handles email addresses" in the Compliance Accelerator Administrator's Guide.
To submit a list of internal SMTP domains
- In the Enterprise Vault Administration Console, open the Site Properties dialog box for the Enterprise Vault site.
- On the Advanced tab, choose SMTP in the List settings from box.
- Click List of internal SMTP domains, and then click Modify.
- Type the list of internal domains, and then click OK.