Enterprise Vault™ Setting up SMTP Archiving
- About this guide
- Introducing Enterprise Vault SMTP Archiving
- Installing SMTP Archiving
- Configuring SMTP Archiving
- Configuring the Enterprise Vault SMTP Servers in the site
- Adding an SMTP Archiving task and holding folder
- Configuring retention categories and retention plans
- Creating SMTP policies
- Configuring archives for SMTP messages
- Provisioning users for SMTP Group or SMTP Mailbox Journaling
- Using the SMTP dashboard
- PowerShell cmdlets
- Appendix A. Configuring target address rewriting
Adding SMTP target addresses
Before you configure the SMTP target addresses, decide which archives to assign to each target address, and create the archives if they do not exist. An existing archive must be assigned to each SMTP routing address, even if you use address rewriting to redirect the messages to a different archive.
Add each routing address and each alias address as an SMTP target using the Enterprise Vault Administration Console. A domain aliases file is created automatically when you add an SMTP target address with a new domain.
To add an SMTP target address
- In the navigation pane, navigate to Targets > SMTP > Manual Targets.
- Right-click the Manual Targets container, and select New > Target Email Address.
The New SMTP target wizard starts.
- Enter the target address in the form user@domain. Wildcard characters are not permitted when specifying SMTP target addresses.
- Select the type of SMTP journaling that you want to configure for the target.
- Select the SMTP policy to apply to messages that include the target address. Click Next.
- Select the archive in which to store these messages. Click Next.
- Select the retention settings to apply to the messages. Click Next.
- A summary of the target properties is displayed. Click Finish.
- Open the properties dialog box for the SMTP target address.
If the target is an SMTP routing address for which you want to create an alias, then clear the check box, Archive messages sent from or received by this SMTP address.
If the target is an alias address, then ensure that the check box, Archive messages sent from or received by this SMTP address is selected.