Enterprise Vault™ Setting up SMTP Archiving
- About this guide
- Introducing Enterprise Vault SMTP Archiving
- Installing SMTP Archiving
- Configuring SMTP Archiving
- Configuring the Enterprise Vault SMTP Servers in the site
- Adding an SMTP Archiving task and holding folder
- Configuring retention categories and retention plans
- Creating SMTP policies
- Configuring archives for SMTP messages
- Provisioning users for SMTP Group or SMTP Mailbox Journaling
- Using the SMTP dashboard
- PowerShell cmdlets
- Appendix A. Configuring target address rewriting
Keeping safety copies of archived messages
Enterprise Vault does not use the SMTP holding folder to store safety copies of SMTP messages. When you archive SMTP messages to a vault store that has a safety copy setting ofEnterprise Vault keeps the safety copies in the Storage queue.
You may need to check that there is sufficient space for these safety copies at the Storage queue location.
For information about the Storage queue, see the Administrator's Guide.