Enterprise Vault™ Setting up SMTP Archiving
- About this guide
- Introducing Enterprise Vault SMTP Archiving
- Installing SMTP Archiving
- Configuring SMTP Archiving
- Configuring the Enterprise Vault SMTP Servers in the site
- Adding an SMTP Archiving task and holding folder
- Configuring retention categories and retention plans
- Creating SMTP policies
- Configuring archives for SMTP messages
- Provisioning users for SMTP Group or SMTP Mailbox Journaling
- Using the SMTP dashboard
- PowerShell cmdlets
- Appendix A. Configuring target address rewriting
Steps to configure target address rewriting
This section lists the steps for setting up target address rewriting on the Enterprise Vault SMTP servers. Perform the tasks in the order shown.
Table: Steps to configure target address rewriting
Decide which archive to assign to each SMTP routing address and alias address. Create the archive if it does not exist.
In the Enterprise Vault Administration Console, add the routing addresses and alias addresses as SMTP targets.
On each Enterprise Vault SMTP server, add target address aliases to the appropriate aliases files.